Frequently asked questions
Which rendering engine does Coyote Browser use? Chrome? Webkit?
No, none of those. Coyote browser is a fresh&clean implementation of the HTML5 and CSS standards. We do neither use (not want to use) any of the very complex existing engines that bring a lot of unnecessary feature creep and legacy issues with their "desktop browser" history.
Where can I download the browser?
You can not. A PC build is available and is used on a daily basis for R&D and verification purposes. There are however currently no plans to compete with existing desktop browsers on the PC platform. If you are interested in licensing the engine for your project/device or if you have any other valid business case or "good cause" for our engine, we would like to hear from you.
- C / C++ (cross-)compiler running on either Windows >= XP or Linux
- GNU make
Build time for a full "make clean, make all" rebuild: ~ 20 seconds on a 12-core CPU
- any operating with multithreading support
- approximately 128MB of RAM available for exclusive use by the engine
(actual memory use is content-dependent)
- R/W filesystem for persistent caching and/or cookie support
Specifications implemented/covered by our engine
- CSS 2.1 (~75% pass rate for the testsuite in 10/2017)
- HBBTV 1.5 compatible
+ limited support for several HBBTV 2.0 APIs
- HTTP 1.1 and SSL/TLS 1.1/1.2
- MPEG DASH
- MP4 Streaming video
- DSM-CC / AIT handling for HBBTV